This is an exciting new position!
Involves the analysis of pharmaceutical samples, raw materials, chemicals, and other products as well as non-targeted and unknown analysis using Liquid Chromatography/High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry (LC-HRMS and LC-MS/MS) methods. This position includes performing analytical test methods, data analysis, writing test protocols and writing analytical test reports in compliance with U.S. FDA / EPA / Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s) and in accordance to the laboratory’s accreditation with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 17025 standards.
- Provide testing to meet customer needs, including problem-solving, method development, routine testing, and unknown determination.
- Work effectively as part of a team to solve complex customer problems involving multiple analyses.
- Communicate directly (verbal, written) with customers to determine the scope of their needs, discuss results, and provide conclusions.
- Summarize analysis methods and results in a complete and concise report that meets the customer’s needs and timeline.
- Learn to adhere to the Impact Analytical quality system.
Experience in advanced chromatography techniques including Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry methods [LC-MS/MS) and/or Liquid Chromatography Quadrupole Time of Flight (LC-qTOF)]
- Use of High Res Mass Spectrometry for the identification of unknowns
- Experience with use of High-resolution mass spectrometry for unknown’s analysis
- Experience performing LC-MS/MS analysis in a USFDA GLP compliant and/or ISO/IEC 17025 accredited environmental testing laboratory
- Strong analytical chemistry knowledge and proficiency with Agilent HPLC and Q-TOF and/or AB Sciex MS/MS instrumentation/software
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent documentation skills, ability to work independently to complete projects, as well as work with cross-functional teams.
Ph.D. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline from an accredited institution with 0 -4 years analytical laboratory experience or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline from an accredited institution with 5-8 years analytical laboratory experience (industry) or B.S. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline from an accredited institution with 9 to 12 years analytical laboratory experience (industry).
About Impact Analytical
Impact Analytical is a contract testing laboratory supporting all phases of drug development and manufacturing, consumer products, and medical device testing. We offer method development, validation, stability, extractables & leachables, problem solving, unknown identification, release testing, competitive analysis, failure analysis, raw material testing, surfactant analysis, and many other services. We have 30+ years of polymer and chemistry analysis experience. Impact Analytical is a GMP registered, GLP compliant (FDA, EPA), ISO 9001 certified, and DEA licensed.
How To Apply-
Submit résumés by mail or email to
Mail: 1940 N. Stark Rd.
Midland, MI 48642