ICP-MS and ICP-OES Testing
Elemental and Trace Metals Analysis
Inductively Coupled Plasma – Optical Emission Spectroscopy (commonly known as ICP-OES), and Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) are two popular techniques used in trace and ultra-trace elemental analysis. ICP-OES analysis is an excellent technique for identifying and quantifying elemental constituents in various sample matrices, including polymers, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, solutions, plastics, metals, and consumer products. ICP-MS analysis provides ultra-trace elemental analysis to identify and quantitate elements down to the sub parts-per-billion range, while utilizing a dynamic collision cell to eliminate troublesome interferences.
With ICP-MS and ICP-OES capabilities, we can identify and quantify trace metals at percentage levels, as well as parts per million (ppm), parts per billion (ppb), and parts per trillion (ppt) levels by using established sample preparation techniques. Varying digestion techniques, including aqua regia, HF, as well as the use of hot plate digestion and microwave digestion for hard-to-digest materials allows our lab to get nearly any product into a solution where they can be analyzed for metals.
Impact Analytical quality program is certified to the ISO 9001:2015 system standard. Don’t have a method to use? Our experienced staff can perform method development and method validation to meet your specific needs. Our cGMP and GLP -compliant facility can administer elemental testing by HF, High-Salt and other special matrix OES, ICP-OES and ICP-MS in compliance with ICH Q3D and USP Chapters <232> and <233>, if needed.
Examples of ICP analysis services provided by Impact Analytical:
- Single or multi-element analysis
- Heavy metals analysis
- Impurity testing
- Package testing for support of Extractables & Leachables studies
- USP 232 and 233 testing
- Analysis of Wax and Fragrance Samples
- Lead content
- Molecular Sieve analysis
- Beauty and cosmetics samples
- Medical devices
- Identify unknowns
- Many others (ask to see if we can perform your unique testing)
We can detect and measure the following trace and ultra-trace metals:
- Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic
- Barium, Beryllium, Bismuth, Boron
- Cadmium, Calcium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Cerium, Cesium
- Europium, Erbium
- Germanium, Gold, Gallium, Gadolinium
- Hafnium, Holmium
- Indium, Iridium
- Lead, Lithium, Lanthanum, Lutetium
- Magnesium, Manganese, Mercury, Molybdenum
- Nickel, Neodymium, Niobium
- Palladium, Phosphorus, Platinum, Potassium, Praseodymium
- Rhodium, Ruthenium, Rhenium, Rubidium
- Selenium, Scandium, Silicon, Strontium, Sulfur, Silver, Sodium, Samarium
- Tantalum, Tellurium, Thallium, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, Thulium, Thorium, Terbium
- Ytterbium, Yttrium
- Zinc, Zirconium
Ready to Get Started?
Give us a call and speak with an actual scientist.