Analytical Testing to Resolve Taste and Odor Problem
Taste and odor problems observed in food & beverage packaging, consumer products, and scented products can be damaging to product reputation. The source of these problems is often related to the polymeric packaging. Impact Analytical’s vast polymer and chemical experience allows us to identify unknown taste & odor causing components, and also determine their source. We partner with the client to eliminate the source, and ensure product integrity.
We have developed testing regimes that isolate the taste/odor component(s) at trace levels, and utilize state-of-art equipment to identify these components.
- Solid Phase Microextraction (SPME)
- GC-MS with chemical ionization (CI)
- Headspace GC-MS
- Gerstel Olfactory detector
Some examples of Taste & Odor problems we have solved include:
- Characterization of Potable Water Pipe for Taste & Odor Components
- Mapping of Odor Penetration in Warehouse Storage Facility
- Determination of Taste & Odor Source in Bottled Water
- Characterization of Synthetic Wine Corks for Taste & Odor Leaching
- Analysis of Food Storage Bags for Odor Component